If you have a smartphone, you now have another way to connect with the IRS. The Internal Revenue Service is now utilizing social media and other methods in order to give you the most up-to-date information regarding your taxes.
- IRS2Go: The IRS recently launched this application that allows taxpayers to access IRS services on their phones. It gives refund statuses and other tax updates. The IRS2Go app is available on iPhone, iTouch and Android phones.
- YouTube: The IRS has their own channel on YouTube which provides informative videos regarding several different tax topics. The videos can be played in English, American Sign Language and several other languages.
- Twitter: The IRS is on Twitter and they tweet about tax announcements, tax news for professionals and updates for those looking for a job. You can follow their tweets at @IRSnews.
- Audio files for Podcasts: The IRS provides tax information on audio podcasts. They are available via iTunes or the Multimedia Center on www.irs.gov. On the IRS website, transcripts of the podcasts are available.
- Widgets: Widgets can be placed on websites, blogs, social media sites, or can send others to www.irs.gov for tax information. It is the newest IRS feature in regards to tax initiatives and IRS programs. They can be found on Marketing Express, which lets IRS partners and tax preparers communicate with the IRS.
The IRS uses these social media platforms to provide information to taxpayers. Confidential information should not be shared on any of these sites. The IRS cannot assist taxpayers with any questions on any of these sites. For questions and further information, visit the IRS website.
For links to IRS media sites, visit www.irs.gov and click on “IRS New Media”.